Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Vatican City and Walking Tour
Discover Rome in six hours, starting with a tour of the Colosseum, followed by the Vatican City State to explore Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, and a walking tour visiting the most famous fountains and squares.
About this activity
- Discover Colosseum with it’s ferocious history of fights
- Enjoy a walking tour in the Archaeological park
- Visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
- See Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Pantheon
Discover Rome in a few hours, starting with a private tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Follow a professional art historian, who sheds light on significant aspects of the former empire. Then, use your skip-the-line admission ticket to the Vatican Museums for an insider’s look at famous sights, including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, followed by a guided walking tour of Rome’s fountains and squares. You will easily explore the scope of Rome through a historical lens without the hassle of waiting in line.
Enjoy the Colosseum, with its rich history of gladiators, slaves, and ferocious animals, and also cruelty, discipline, and clemency. Visit the site that over the centuries has become the symbol of the city, the Colosseum. Built by the Emperors of the Flavian dynasty.
Enjoy a tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Basilica with this skip-the-line entrance to enjoy the best of the Vatican. The Vatican Museums offer a unique collection of art masterpieces. The itinerary is focused on the most important areas of the museum. Finally, arrive at the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s masterpiece on the ceiling and in the extraordinary depiction of the Last Judgement. The Basilica of St. Peter, the biggest church in the world, will be the last stop on your visit. Today, the church is a treasure trove of precious works of art, such as the Pietà by Michelangelo and the Baldachin by Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
Skip the line
All Tickets and Fees
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc)
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present either proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months
- All participants are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks. Blue surgical masks will not be accepted
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security.
- You must cover your knees and shoulders and not wear shorts or sleeveless tops and you may be refused entry if you do not follow the strict dress code.
- Photography is not permitted inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”.