Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour
Take a guided tour of the Vatican City and discover the Vatican Museums, walk inside the Sistine Chapel, see the glorious work of Michelangelo and take a trip to St Peter’s Basilica.
About this activity
- Discover the highlights of the Vatican City
- Wander through the Vatican Museums, seeing a vast collection of artwork and artifacts
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and admire its amazing frescos
- Small- Group Tours
Explore the Vatican City with a guided tour led by a professional art historian. Discover the treasures of the Vatican Museums, admire the stunning Sistine Chapel, and visit the world’s heart of Christianity at St. Peter’s Basilica.
Start your day of sightseeing by meeting your tour guide and your driver at the pre-arranged meeting point. First, enjoy the luxury of skip-the-ticket-line access. Enter the Vatican and start your tour with a visit to the Vatican Museum, a true spectacle for everyone who visits.
Your tour itinerary through the museum is specialized to focus on the most important parts of the site. The museum is full of art masterpieces, created by Europe’s most famous artists throughout the centuries. Your guide will explain every detail of this place. Next, visit the Sistine Chapel. Once inside, marvel at Michelangelo’s masterpiece on the ceiling depicting the last judgment. Finish your tour in front of St. Peter’s Basilica, where our guide will explain for you all the interesting stories of the construction of the basilica and the Piazza in front of it. After, you will have all the free time to Admire the Pietà by Michelangelo and the St. Peter’s Baldachin by Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
Vatican Museums Full Experience
Sistine Chapel Full Experience
Full description to enjoy the visit of St. Peter’s Basilica
All Tickets and Fees
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc)
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present either proof of vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection or a Negative Covid-19 Test
- All participants are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks.
Know before you go
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start time to the meeting point
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security.
- 17:30 and 18:30 start times tours St. Peter’s Basilica will be closed
- Our Guide will give you an introduction about the Basilica of St. Peter and you will have a free tour inside
- St. Peter’s Basilica Police control lines can not be skipped
- St. Peter’s Basilica is a Free- entry church and no any reservations required to visit it, in case of the closure of special entrance to the guided tours, we will offer you a guided tour of the Rooms of Raphael and you can go by yourself any time to visit the basilica.
- You must cover your knees and shoulders and not wear shorts or sleeveless tops and you may be refused entry if you do not follow the strict dress code.
- Photography is not permitted inside the Sistine Chapel.
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”.
Viale Vaticano 100 , 00192 Rome, Nearby Caffè Vaticano across the road from Vatican Museums’ Main Entrance