Small-Group Colosseum underground Tour
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 (780 reviews)
Check out the Colosseum’s underground chambers and gladiator passageways on a tour of the sites that are normally off-limits to the general public. Enjoy a Full experience visiting the Roman Forum viewing temples and arches as you follow the footsteps of ancient senators and emperors.
About this activity
- Experience the Colosseum’s underground chambers
- Feel like a Gladiator and walk on the arena floor
- Discover the Colosseum’s first and second tier
- Visit the Roman Forum and see one of the most important archaeological sites
Start your day of discovery by meeting your guide outside the Colosseum at your selected departure time. Discover the site that over the centuries has become the symbol of the city. Learn about the Colosseum’s rich history and from your informative guide, hear tales of gladiators, slaves, and ferocious animals. Get the opportunity to explore all the areas of the Colosseum and gain exclusive access to the sites off-limits areas. Numbers are limited to 25people per group.
Walk through the underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged, the secret passages of the Gladiators, and marvel at how animals were transported to the Arena’s main level. After your tour the Colosseum, You will explore the heart of the ancient city discovering the Roman Forum area. Walk among temples, meeting places, and triumphal arches. Discover the Forum, the area that witnessed the birth and development of Roman civilization, and the political, social, religious, and economic heart of the Roman Republic.
All Tickets and Fees
Colosseum Full Experience
Roman Forum Full Experience
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc)
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present either proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months
- All participants are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks. Blue surgical masks will not be accepted
Know before you go
- Identity Card and Covid-19 Vaccine Passport are required
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the Metro Colosseo ground level exit, holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”.
Colosseo Metro station, Ground Level Main Exit of the Subway, near the souvenirs kiosk across the road from the Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 22, Roma.
Read all reviews