Colosseum Underground Private Tour & Ancient Rome
Visit Rome’s most famous monument in style with a 3.5-hour skip-the-line private tour of the Colosseum. Avoid the long queue at the entrance with your private guide. Explore parts of the Colosseum that are normally off-limits to the public, including the underground chambers. Continue to the nearby Forum and Palatine Hill for a more complete look at ancient Rome
- Enjoy access to all areas of the Colosseum, including places normally off-limits
- Explore the Colosseum’s underground chambers
- See where wild animals were caged
- Visit the Colosseum’s First and second levels
- Visit the Roman Forum, walk up Palatine Hill
- Private Tour of Colosseum and Ancient Rome
What You Can See
Start your day of discovery by meeting your guide outside the Colosseum at your selected departure time. Discover the site that over the centuries has become the symbol of the city. Learn about the Colosseum’s rich history and from your informative guide, hear tales of gladiators, slaves, and ferocious animals. For approximately 2-hours you will get the opportunity to explore all the areas of the Colosseum and gain exclusive access to the sites off-limits areas.
Walk through the underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged, the secret passages of the Gladiators, and marvel at how animals were transported to the Arena’s main level. After your tour of the Colosseum, explore the heart of the ancient city for about one-hour with your knowledgeable guide. Walk among temples, meeting places, and triumphal arches. Discover the Forum, the area that witnessed the birth and development of Roman civilization, and the political, social, religious, and economic heart of the Roman Republic. Some of the most ancient places of worship can be found in the Forum, and visitors can still witness the remains of ancient temples.
- Professional Blue Badge guide
- Colosseum Underground Tour
- Walking tour in the Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- All Tickets and Fees
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Know before you go
- Identity Card and Covid-19 Vaccine Passport are required
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the Metro Colosseo ground level exit, holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”.
Colosseo Metro station, Ground Level Main Exit of the Subway, near the souvenirs kiosk across the road from the Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 22, Roma.
Varies between Morning Tours and Afternoon Tours, Kindly select the most suitable start time for you and after booking the necessary tickets we will send You a personalized email and SMS with the exact start time
3,5 hrs (approx.)