Colosseum Underground Private Tour
Visit Rome’s most famous monument in style with a 3 hours skip-the-line private tour of the Colosseum. Avoid the long queue at the entrance with your private guide. Explore parts of the Colosseum that are normally off-limits to the public, including the underground chambers. Continue to the nearby Forum and Palatine Hill for a more complete look at ancient Rome
About this activity
- Experience the Colosseum’s underground chambers
- Feel like a Gladiator and walk on the arena floor
- Discover the Colosseum’s first and second tier
- Visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Start your day of discovery by meeting your guide outside the Colosseum at your selected departure time. Discover the site that over the centuries has become the symbol of the city. Learn about the Colosseum’s rich history and from your informative guide, hear tales of gladiators, slaves, and ferocious animals. Get the opportunity to explore all the areas of the Colosseum and gain exclusive access to the sites off-limits areas.
Walk through the underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged, the secret passages of the Gladiators, and marvel at how animals were transported to the Arena’s main level. After your tour the Colosseum, You will explore the heart of the ancient city discovering the Roman Forum area. Walk among temples, meeting places, and triumphal arches. Discover the Forum, the area that witnessed the birth and development of Roman civilization, and the political, social, religious, and economic heart of the Roman Republic.
All Tickets and Fees
Colosseum Full Experience
Roman Forum and Palatine Full Experience
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc)
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present either proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months
- All participants are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks. Blue surgical masks will not be accepted
Know before you go
- Identity Card and Covid-19 Vaccine Passport are required
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the Metro Colosseo ground level exit, holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”.
Colosseo Metro station, Ground Level Main Exit of the Subway, near the souvenirs kiosk across the road from the Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 22, Roma.