Borghese Gallery Private Tour
Enjoy the personal attention of a private guide on this 3-hour tour of Borghese Gallery. View masterpieces by Caravaggio, Raphael, Bernini and much more.
About this activity
- Enjoy fast track entrance to the Borghese Gallery
- Discover the masterpieces within the Borghese Gallery
- See Caravaggio’s most famous artworks
- Experience works of art including paintings, sculptures and ancient mosaics
- Explore the wonderful art collection inside a 17th-century palace
Enjoy the personal attention of a private guide on this 3-hour tour of the Borghese Gallery, as you view masterpieces by Caravaggio, Raphael, Bernini and much more.
The Borghese Gallery is an art gallery housed in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana. At the outset, the gallery building was integrated with its gardens. The Galleria Borghese houses a substantial part of the Borghese collection of paintings, sculpture and antiquities, begun by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the nephew of Pope Paul V (reign 1605–1621). The Villa was built by the architect Flaminio Ponzio, developing sketches by Scipione Borghese himself, who used it as a villa suburbana, a country villa at the edge of Rome.
Scipione Borghese was an early patron of Bernini and an avid collector of works by Caravaggio, who is well represented in the collection by works such as the Boy with a Basket of Fruit, St Jerome Writing, Sick Bacchus and others. Other paintings of note include Titian’s Sacred and Profane Love, Raphael’s Entombment of Christ and works by Peter Paul Rubens and Federico Barocci.
Art historian guide
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc)
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present either proof of full vaccination or proof of a Covid-19 infection within the last 6 months
- All participants are required to bring and wear FFP2 masks. Blue surgical masks will not be accepted
Know before you go
- Please remember that you will need to check-in your handbags or backpacks in the museum cloak room before starting the tour
- Dress code is formal
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-minutes prior to start time. The telephone number, contactable on iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber: +39 324 696 8498.
- Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point holding a sign saying “Tours of Rome”
Galleria Borghese, Piazzale del Museo Borghese, 5, 00197 Roma
Select participants, date and start time